India Meteorological Depatment: Current status of monsoon (as of 24 August)

India Meteorological Depatment: Current status of monsoon (as of 24 August)

28

Published

28 August 2012
Press Release Number:
N/A

Out of 36 meteorological sub-divisions, rainfall was excess/normal in 20, deficient in 11 and scanty in 05 sub-divisions during the week. In area-wise distribution, 62% area of the country received excess/normal rainfall. Remaining 38% area received deficient/scanty rainfall. Meteorological sub-divisionwise rainfall for the week is given in Annexure I and II.

Out of 36 meteorological subdivisions, the rainfall has been excess/normal in 20, deficient in 14 and scanty in 02 sub-divisions (Punjab and Saurashtra & Kutch). In area-wise distribution, 55% area of the country received excess/normal rainfall. Remaining 45% area received deficient/scanty rainfall.

More

Share this page