The Women's Marine Leadership Workshop will take place from 21 to 22 October 2017 at WMO Headquarters, 7bis avenue de la Paix, Geneva, Switzerland, ahead of the Fifth session of the WMO-IOC Joint Technical Commission for Oceanography and Marine Meteorology (JCOMM-5).
Designed for female delegates to JCOMM-5 and female professionals from WMO and UNESCO-IOC Member/Member States, the workshop's content is oriented towards building a set of practical leadership skills, with a focus on communications, negotiations and consensus-building. The workshop is envisioned as an interactive and dynamic event, with time allocated for feedback, insights and exchange of lessons learned.
The workshop is intended for a small group of 20-25 female professionals. Participants are expected to:
- Hold an academic degree in marine sciences, marine meteorology, oceanography or another related field;
- Hold a senior professional and/or managerial post;
- Maintain a high level of competency in their technical or functional discipline;
- Integrate organizational goals and values with stakeholder and customer needs;
- Demonstrate keen interest in international cooperation in marine meteorology and/or oceanography;
- Have working knowledge of English.
Based on the nominations of Permanent Representatives (PRs) of WMO Members and UNESCO-IOC Member State Representatives, a Selection Committee shortlisted the most qualified candidates, while ensuring for fair geographical representation and a variety of participants' qualifications and experience.
Language of Instruction
The workshop will take place in English only. No interpretation will be made available.
Consult the Agenda
Individual coaching sessions on strengthening leadership skills will be available to a limited number of interested participants during the workshop. More information on how to register for these sessions (on a first-come-first-served basis) will follow by email.
All material arrangements (e.g. entry requirements, transportation, health requirements) for the Women’s Marine Leadership Workshop, the Marine Technical Conference and JCOMM-5 are availablehere.
More information available at: http://meetings.wmo.int/JCOMM-5/SitePages/Women's%20Marine%20Leadership%20Workshop.aspx