Terms of Reference of the Policy Advisory Committee
Maintaining awareness of global trends and external drivers that affect Members and the long-term vision-setting of the Organization
Improving and aligning the Organization-wide strategic, operational and budget planning process, including monitoring of implementation of the Strategic Plan
Keeping under review WMO policies and practices for the exchange of meteorological, hydrological and climatological and related data and products
Optimizing WMO governance and programme structures, processes and practices to ensure the effective and efficient use of resources through a more strategic focus and within a quality management framework
Addressing and keeping under review the evolution of the role and operation of National Meteorological and Hydrological Services
Streamlining WMO scientific and technical programmes to ensure their relevance to the Strategic and Operating Plans and effectiveness
Guiding the engagement of the Organization in partnerships with other UN and international organizations, the academia and the private sector
Mainstreaming and advancing gender equality across the Organization, especially in governance and decision-making
- The Presidents of the Regional Associations
- Eight Members of the Executive Council appointed by the Council upon proposal by the President noting the need for the expertise in the focus areas of the mandate of the Committee and taking into consideration regional representation and gender equality factors
- The chairs of the Scientific Advisory Panel and the Technical Coordination Committee as ex officio members
- The Committee shall be chaired by the WMO President or one of the Vice-Presidents.
- The Committee shall normally meet once per year prior to a session of Executive Council.
- The chair of the Committee may invite experts and/or representatives from partner organizations to attend meetings of the Committee as observers.
- At meetings of the Committee, the members may be assisted by advisors.
- The Committee may establish time-bound substructures as needed for the discharge of specific tasks during an intersessional period.
- (EC-70 defered the implementation of PAC to its seventy-first session