- News (134) Apply News filter
- Article Bulletin (63) Apply Article Bulletin filter
- Advanced Page (11) Apply Advanced Page filter
- Project (5) Apply Project filter
- Publication (4) Apply Publication filter
- (-) Remove Article Meteoworld filter Article Meteoworld
- Programme (2) Apply Programme filter
- Event (2) Apply Event filter
4 contents match your search.
Meteoworld : March 2019
The three-year Climate Change Adaptation and Disaster Risk Reduction in Agriculture Project culminated with a Networking Conference on 4 and 5 February in Rome, hosted by the Italian National Research Council and the Italian Meteorological Service. Decision-makers and experts from 21 countries in West Africa used the opportunity to discuss project outcomes, examine continued needs and consider follow-up capacity development initiatives.
Meteoworld : September 2019
The Fifth Pacific Meteorology Council (PMC) – a gathering of the heads of Pacific Island meteorological and hydrological services that takes stock of activities in the region and sets priorities...
Water stress, water-related hazards and water quality pose increasing challenges to modern society. And yet, the capacity to monitor and manage this vital resource is fragmented and inadequate.
Congress also endorsed a package of measures to strengthen early warnings against hazards like floods and tropical cyclones, and to ensure that these become part and parcel of humanitarian operations. It decided to spur work on a Global Multi-hazard Alert System that would pool information from national and regional systems that already exist, or are being planned.