- (-) Remove December 2016 filter December 2016
- December 2015 (19) Apply December 2015 filter
- December 2019 (19) Apply December 2019 filter
- March 2015 (19) Apply March 2015 filter
- June 2018 (17) Apply June 2018 filter
- December 2013 (16) Apply December 2013 filter
- September 2017 (16) Apply September 2017 filter
- June 2015 (15) Apply June 2015 filter
- August 2014 (14) Apply August 2014 filter
- November 2014 (14) Apply November 2014 filter
- April 2021 (13) Apply April 2021 filter
- March 2022 (13) Apply March 2022 filter
- December 2020 (12) Apply December 2020 filter
- June 2020 (12) Apply June 2020 filter
- April 2020 (11) Apply April 2020 filter
- December 2017 (11) Apply December 2017 filter
- September 2018 (11) Apply September 2018 filter
- December 2018 (10) Apply December 2018 filter
- June 2016 (10) Apply June 2016 filter
- June 2019 (10) Apply June 2019 filter
- March 2019 (10) Apply March 2019 filter
- May 2014 (10) Apply May 2014 filter
- December 2021 (9) Apply December 2021 filter
- June 2017 (9) Apply June 2017 filter
- June 2021 (9) Apply June 2021 filter
- October 2021 (9) Apply October 2021 filter
- September 2016 (9) Apply September 2016 filter
- April 2011 (8) Apply April 2011 filter
- April 2016 (8) Apply April 2016 filter
- March 2018 (8) Apply March 2018 filter
- February 2014 (7) Apply February 2014 filter
- July 2012 (7) Apply July 2012 filter
- March 2017 (7) Apply March 2017 filter
- September 2015 (7) Apply September 2015 filter
- September 2020 (7) Apply September 2020 filter
- April 2012 (6) Apply April 2012 filter
- April 2013 (6) Apply April 2013 filter
- July 2013 (6) Apply July 2013 filter
- November 2012 (6) Apply November 2012 filter
- October 2011 (5) Apply October 2011 filter
- September 2019 (5) Apply September 2019 filter
- January 2013 (4) Apply January 2013 filter
- June 2011 (3) Apply June 2011 filter
11 contents match your search.
The WMO Commission for Instruments and Methods of Observations (CIMO) organized a Technical Conference on Meteorological and Environmental Instruments and Methods of Observation (TECO) in Madrid, Spain, from 27 to 30 September 2016.
Homeward Bound is a groundbreaking leadership, strategic and science initiative for women, set against the backdrop of Antarctica. The initiative, turned global movement, aims to heighten the influence and impact...
WMO fellow, Nguyen Thanh Tung, a forecaster from Vietnam’s National Centre for Hydro-Meteorological Forecasting, began a 12-month WMO-sponsored placement in October at the European Centre for Medium-Range Weather Forecasts (ECMWF)...
The 3rd Satellite Soil Moisture Validation and Application Workshop, held in New York City from 21 to 22 September, highlighted the need for increased in situ ground-based soil moisture measurements. The workshop brought together users and developers of satellite soil moisture data to discuss methodology advances in validation and application of such data. They also focused on the derivation and exploration of soil moisture data from both passive and active microwave satellite missions and mangers of ground-based soil measurements networks.
In the Caribbean region, flash floods can occur at any time or place and account for a significant portion of lives lost and property damaged in disasters. Efforts to improve early warning capabilities urgently need prioritizing in order to enable national authorities to undertake necessary measures to protect populations at risk from the impacts of extreme weather events and to strengthen national and regional capacity to develop timely and accurate flash flood warnings.
A panel of judges from the industry and WMO selected Dr Denis Kiselev, co-founder of Plair SA, as winner of the 2016 Hydro-Meteorological Equipment Industry (HMEI) Award for Young Engineers. He won the award for his work in the field of hydrometeorological and other environmental systems and services development in HMEI member companies.
Climate change projections show us a future where temperatures and variability in precipitation are likely to be higher, resulting in more extreme events such as floods and droughts. This poses immense challenges to the agricultural sector, which will need to adapt their practices to climate extremes.
The WMO Commission for Basic Systems (CBS), which oversees the development, implementation and operation of integrated systems for observing and data processing, communication and management, held a recent session in Guangzhou, China, from 23 to 29 November where it elected a new President and Vice-President.
The Technical Conference of the WMO Commission for Instruments and Methods of Observations (CIMO) in Madrid, Spain, from 27 to 30 September, carried the theme “Ensuring sustained high-quality meteorological observations from sea, land and upper atmosphere in a changing world”.
During the 44th Session of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) held in Bangkok, Thailand, from 17 to 20 October, the IPCC agreed on the outline of two new reports that will help governments implement the Paris Agreement on climate change.