Type of news:
- (-) Remove 2016 filter 2016
- September 2016 (35) Apply September 2016 filter
- October 2016 (23) Apply October 2016 filter
- November 2016 (28) Apply November 2016 filter
- May 2016 (25) Apply May 2016 filter
- March 2016 (48) Apply March 2016 filter
- June 2016 (18) Apply June 2016 filter
- July 2016 (28) Apply July 2016 filter
- January 2016 (28) Apply January 2016 filter
- February 2016 (31) Apply February 2016 filter
- December 2016 (30) Apply December 2016 filter
- August 2016 (18) Apply August 2016 filter
- April 2016 (36) Apply April 2016 filter
348 contents match your search.
Bulletin nº Vol 65 (1) - 2016
Theme: Disaster risk reduction
Publish Date: 21 March 2016
Climate-related displacement is already a global reality. Every year, the lives of millions of people are affected when they are displaced by the impacts of weather and climate hazards. Some of the largest disasters make the international headlines, but most disasters do not even make the national news.
The Met Office headquarters in Exeter, United Kingdom (UK), hosted the HIWeather Project’s kick-off workshop from 25 to 27 April. The event attracted 84 scientists from 21 countries around the...
Earth observations for the Africa We Want The inaugural AfriGEOSS Symposium “Earth Observations for the Africa We Want” coordinated access to and use of Earth observations – from satellites, airborne...
Viktor Grigorievich Boldyrev died on 28 May 2016 at the age of 81 after a long and severe illness. He was born on 19 March 1936 in the city of...
The Bhutan Department of Hydro Met Services can now process satellite images from the new Himawari-8 satellite thanks to a Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) project. The Capacity Development for...
The Working Group on Capacity Building and Training of the Interstate Council for Hydrometeorology of the Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS) has elaborated on a work plan for 2016-2017. The...
The North EurAsia Climate Outlook Forum (NEACOF) conducted a virtual session in May in order to develop a consensus seasonal outlook for summer. Under the coordination of the North EurAsian...
The WMO Polar Space Task Group has released a compilation of 20 years worth of imaging activities that feature unprecedented views and insights related to Polar regions in both Hemispheres...
The 8th International Training Workshop on Climate Variability and Predictions, held in Ankara, Turkey, from the 25 to 29 April, focused on the 2015/16 El Niño event and addressed a...
The 43rd Session of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC), which took place from 11 to 14 April, agreed on a strategy and timeline for the next series of...