Filter by wmo strategic priority:
- Capacity Development (8) Apply Capacity Development filter
- Global Framework for Climate Services (8) Apply Global Framework for Climate Services filter
- Disaster Risk Reduction (1) Apply Disaster Risk Reduction filter
- Polar and high mountains regions (1) Apply Polar and high mountains regions filter
- WMO Integrated Global Observing System (1) Apply WMO Integrated Global Observing System filter
Filter by regions:
- Region I: Africa (4) Apply Region I: Africa filter
- Region II: Asia (4) Apply Region II: Asia filter
- Region IV: North America, Central America, Caribbean (4) Apply Region IV: North America, Central America, Caribbean filter
- Region V: South-West Pacific (4) Apply Region V: South-West Pacific filter
- Region VI: Europe (4) Apply Region VI: Europe filter
- Region III: South America (2) Apply Region III: South America filter
13 contents match your search.
This Project focuses on instigating and coordinating an international climatological data and service exchange between National Meteorological and Hydrological Services, national organizations and other stakeholders on regional and national levels...
Many African countries are extremely vulnerable to extreme weather events. They face even greater risks in the future as human induced climate change increasingly alters the weather and climate patterns...
Publish Date: 24 August 2016
The Republic of Vanuatu has created its Framework for Climate Services, making it the first Pacific Island nation to reach this milestone. The successful provision of climate information and services is a challenge for many Pacific Island nations, which may be hindered by social, financial and infrastructure issues. Vanuatu faces such realities, compounded by resource constraints, significant geographic isolation between and within its more than 80 islands, and over 80% of its population living in rural areas.