- (-) Remove April 2021 filter April 2021
- December 2015 (19) Apply December 2015 filter
- December 2019 (19) Apply December 2019 filter
- March 2015 (19) Apply March 2015 filter
- June 2018 (17) Apply June 2018 filter
- December 2013 (16) Apply December 2013 filter
- September 2017 (16) Apply September 2017 filter
- June 2015 (15) Apply June 2015 filter
- August 2014 (14) Apply August 2014 filter
- March 2022 (14) Apply March 2022 filter
- November 2014 (14) Apply November 2014 filter
- June 2020 (13) Apply June 2020 filter
- December 2020 (12) Apply December 2020 filter
- April 2020 (11) Apply April 2020 filter
- December 2016 (11) Apply December 2016 filter
- December 2017 (11) Apply December 2017 filter
- September 2018 (11) Apply September 2018 filter
- December 2018 (10) Apply December 2018 filter
- June 2016 (10) Apply June 2016 filter
- June 2019 (10) Apply June 2019 filter
- March 2019 (10) Apply March 2019 filter
- May 2014 (10) Apply May 2014 filter
- December 2021 (9) Apply December 2021 filter
- June 2017 (9) Apply June 2017 filter
- June 2021 (9) Apply June 2021 filter
- March 2018 (9) Apply March 2018 filter
- October 2021 (9) Apply October 2021 filter
- September 2016 (9) Apply September 2016 filter
- April 2011 (8) Apply April 2011 filter
- April 2016 (8) Apply April 2016 filter
- February 2014 (7) Apply February 2014 filter
- July 2012 (7) Apply July 2012 filter
- March 2017 (7) Apply March 2017 filter
- September 2015 (7) Apply September 2015 filter
- September 2020 (7) Apply September 2020 filter
- April 2012 (6) Apply April 2012 filter
- April 2013 (6) Apply April 2013 filter
- July 2013 (6) Apply July 2013 filter
- November 2012 (6) Apply November 2012 filter
- October 2011 (5) Apply October 2011 filter
- September 2019 (5) Apply September 2019 filter
- January 2013 (4) Apply January 2013 filter
- June 2011 (3) Apply June 2011 filter
13 contents match your search.
The Systematic Observations Financing Facility (SOFF) held its first Funders Forum on 24 March. The event underscored the rise in support for the Facility, with declarations from leaders of the United Nations and development and climate finance agencies in the Alliance for Hydromet Development, as well as beneficiary countries and the meteorological community. The creation of SOFF is a commitment and priority of the Alliance for Hydromet Development, which is a coalition of major climate and development finance institutions.
Professor Sergej Zilitinkevich, a great scientist and leader of numerous international research projects, passed away on Monday, 15 February 2021 after a lengthy illness.
The development and use of low-cost sensors to monitor reactive air pollutants, particulate matter and greenhouse gases is accelerating. It is a tool leveraged in academic research and regulatory surveillance and is used by individuals, governments and businesses to serve the public. In line with this growing popularity, the Statement on the Low-cost Sensors for Atmospheric Composition virtual event, organized by Global Atmosphere Watch Programme (GAW) on 16 February, launched a new report: An update on low-cost sensors for the measurement of atmospheric composition.
The WMO Global Campus virtual event on Responding to Challenges Beyond the New Normal, held online from 20 to 22 January, gathered over 175 participants to develop action plans to address COVID-19 related challenges in education and training.
India’s National Institute of Ocean Technology (NIOT), in its Ministry of Earth Sciences (MoES), has designed and tested a submerged tsunami buoy system as an alternative to conventional DART surface tsunami buoy system currently used globally. The International Tsunameter Partnership (ITP), a Task Team under the Data Buoy Cooperation Panel, has been coordinating the technological development of submerged tsunameters and has developed best practice method for its use and coordinated the sharing of water level data with NOAA National Data Buoy Center.
Agriculture plays an important role in the national economy of Madagascar as well as in the household revenues and food security of a large part of its population. Thus, to improve the accuracy of its agrometeorological products, Madagascar’s Direction Générale de la Météorologie (National Meteorological Service, DGM) launched a five-year collaboration in 2017 with the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (German Agency for International Cooperation, GIZ) and the Deutscher Wetterdienst (DWD) for the Adaptation of Agricultural Value Chains to Climate Change (PrAda) project.
On 2 February, the Nigerian Meteorological Agency (NiMet) held an event in Abuja for the launch of the 2021 Seasonal Climate Prediction (SCP) to provide information on expected climate patterns in relation to the various sectors of the country. The live-streamed event was attended by state governors, several ministers and parliamentarians as well as other top government dignitaries, academics, traditional rulers, farmers and students.
The four-year HIGHWAY project in East Africa has come to an end, having demonstrated how improved weather, water and climate services save lives and livelihoods and support socio-economic development of vulnerable communities.
The 5th African Ministerial Conference on Meteorology (AMCOMET-5) Session, which took place virtually on 17 March, elected a new Bureau and adopted the revised Integrated African Strategy on Meteorology (AMCOMET) Strategy (Weather and Climate Services).
The 18th Session of the Regional Association I (RAI-18, Africa), held virtually on 18-19 March, focused predominantly on the WMO Reform and established a High-level Task Team to lead the Regional Concept for Regional Associations (RAs). In addition, the session established Committees on Services, Infrastructure and Research and on Capacity Development to align with the new WMO Governance Structure.