Type of news:
- (-) Remove 2016 filter 2016
- September 2016 (35) Apply September 2016 filter
- October 2016 (23) Apply October 2016 filter
- November 2016 (28) Apply November 2016 filter
- May 2016 (25) Apply May 2016 filter
- March 2016 (49) Apply March 2016 filter
- June 2016 (18) Apply June 2016 filter
- July 2016 (28) Apply July 2016 filter
- January 2016 (28) Apply January 2016 filter
- February 2016 (31) Apply February 2016 filter
- December 2016 (30) Apply December 2016 filter
- August 2016 (18) Apply August 2016 filter
- April 2016 (36) Apply April 2016 filter
349 contents match your search.
Meteoworld : June 2016
In 2011, the World Meteorological Congress requested that Technical Commissions place a high priority on preparing competency standards for core-job tasks in their area of specialization. Following the example of...
A project jointly-implemented by WMO and the Japan Meteorological Agency (JMA) has now provided satellite data receiving and processing systems to nine countries in East Asia and the Western Pacific...
Wanted: Autonomous vehicle for 2 000 kilometre mission under sea-ice Reward: 500 000 Swiss francs During the Arctic Science Summit Week, 12–18 March in the United States of America (US),...
Polar regions and the cryosphere constitute unique, valuable, yet extremely sensitive components of the Earth system. Obtaining robust, routine information products for better scientific understanding and development of applications in...
The first conference dedicated to climate observation – Global Climate Observation: the Road to the Future – took place in Amsterdam, Netherlands, from 2 to 4 March 2016. The event...
The Group on Earth Observations* (GEO) announced, during its 36th Executive Meeting held in Geneva from 8 to 9 March, the launch of the Early Warning Crop Monitor, a new...
The Antarctic ozone hole is an annually recurring phenomenon, and every year a substantial amount of ozone is destroyed during the Austral spring from September to November. In the North,...
WMO celebrated International Women’s Day on 8 March by highlighting the outstanding work performed by female meteorologists, hydrologists, climatologists and scientists around the world.
In 2015, the Tanzania Meteorological Agency (TMA) and the Malawi Department of Climate Change and Meteorological Services (DCCMS) embarked on a pilot project to downscale the Seasonal Forecast to the...
Bulletin nº Vol 65 (1) - 2016
Publish Date: 21 March 2016
The Pan American and Parapan American Games are a regional international summer sporting event staged in the year prior to the Summer Olympic and Paralympic Games.The Pan American Sports Organization awarded the 2015 Games to Canada in November 2009.