- (-) Remove Project filter Project
Filter by wmo strategic priority:
- (-) Remove Capacity Development filter Capacity Development
- Global Framework for Climate Services (13) Apply Global Framework for Climate Services filter
- Disaster Risk Reduction (8) Apply Disaster Risk Reduction filter
- Governance (3) Apply Governance filter
- WMO Integrated Global Observing System (3) Apply WMO Integrated Global Observing System filter
- Climate Resilience and Adaptation (1) Apply Climate Resilience and Adaptation filter
Filter by regions:
- (-) Remove Region I: Africa filter Region I: Africa
- Region II: Asia (5) Apply Region II: Asia filter
- Region IV: North America, Central America, Caribbean (5) Apply Region IV: North America, Central America, Caribbean filter
- Region V: South-West Pacific (5) Apply Region V: South-West Pacific filter
- Region VI: Europe (5) Apply Region VI: Europe filter
- Region III: South America (4) Apply Region III: South America filter
18 contents match your search.
The CREWS Burkina Faso project is aimed at improving the operational capabilities within Burkina Faso, to produce and deliver hydrological, meteorological and climate services with respect to early warning and...
As part of global efforts in the implementation of the Global Framework for Climate Services (GFCS), the Korea Meteorological Administration (KMA) has been providing funding to support the improvement of...
Flash floods are among the world’s deadliest natural disasters with more than 5 000 lives lost annually. Their social, economic and environmental impacts are significant. Accounting for approximately 85% of...
ACREI is a US$ 6.8 million project funded by the Adaptation Fund and implemented by the World Meteorological Organization (WMO) in partnership with the Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) and the Integovernmental Authority on Development (IGAD) Climate Prediction and Applications Centre (ICPAC).
West Africa is one of the most vulnerable regions to climate variability and change as it is exposed to climate shocks and stresses and has relatively low capacity to adapt...
The project will empower the National Meteorological and Hydrological Services (NMHSs) and other competent authorities of the six riparian countries (Benin, Burkina Faso, Cote d’Ivoire, Ghana, Mali and Togo) with...
Through an agreement with Korea Meteorological Administration (KMA), WMO is supporting countries in West Africa to improve the severe weather forecasting and warning services. By making best use of the...
The overarching goal for the programme “GFCS Adaptation and Disaster Risk Reduction in Africa” is to provide timely and accurate climate and weather services for disaster risk reduction and increased...
Recent rainfall data for South Eastern Ethiopia show trends of overall declines in rainfall between March and September from 1980 to the present. These declines have been leading to more...
Climate change is one of the greatest challenges to human society in contemporary times. Statistics show that the last decades have already seen a sharp rise in economic, social and...