- (-) Remove Project filter Project
Filter by wmo strategic priority:
- (-) Remove Capacity Development filter Capacity Development
- (-) Remove Disaster Risk Reduction filter Disaster Risk Reduction
- Global Framework for Climate Services (1) Apply Global Framework for Climate Services filter
Filter by regions:
- (-) Remove Region II: Asia filter Region II: Asia
- Region V: South-West Pacific (2) Apply Region V: South-West Pacific filter
- Region I: Africa (1) Apply Region I: Africa filter
- Region III: South America (1) Apply Region III: South America filter
- Region IV: North America, Central America, Caribbean (1) Apply Region IV: North America, Central America, Caribbean filter
- Region VI: Europe (1) Apply Region VI: Europe filter
6 contents match your search.
Himawari-8 – a new generation geostationary meteorological satellite of the Japan Meteorological Agency (JMA) has started its operation in July 2015 and observes East Asia and the Western Pacific. The...
Severe Weather Forecasting capabilities strengthen the National Hydrological and Meteorological Services’ (NMHSs) ability to forecast severe weather and provide decision makers and other users with more effective, diverse, and timely...
Recent years have witnessed a significant increase in the frequency and intensity of climate and weather related hazards putting development gains at risk. By improving their disaster related information base,...
Years of insecurity have hampered development in Afghanistan, a country that is extremely vulnerable to hydrometeorological hazards. In the period from 1980 to 2015, the country lost nearly 15 000...
Although the governments of both Cambodia and Lao PDR continue to establish policies and mechanisms to help reduce and/or avoid some of the impacts of extreme events and disasters, significant...
Flash floods are among the world’s deadliest natural disasters with more than 5 000 lives lost annually. Their social, economic and environmental impacts are significant. Accounting for approximately 85% of...