Filter by wmo strategic priority:
- Capacity Development (15) Apply Capacity Development filter
- Global Framework for Climate Services (10) Apply Global Framework for Climate Services filter
- Disaster Risk Reduction (4) Apply Disaster Risk Reduction filter
- Polar and high mountains regions (1) Apply Polar and high mountains regions filter
- WMO Integrated Global Observing System (1) Apply WMO Integrated Global Observing System filter
Filter by regions:
- Region II: Asia (8) Apply Region II: Asia filter
- Region I: Africa (6) Apply Region I: Africa filter
- Region VI: Europe (6) Apply Region VI: Europe filter
- Region IV: North America, Central America, Caribbean (5) Apply Region IV: North America, Central America, Caribbean filter
- Region V: South-West Pacific (5) Apply Region V: South-West Pacific filter
- Region III: South America (4) Apply Region III: South America filter
15 contents match your search.
The SEE-MHEWS-A project will benefit the National Meteorological and Hydrological Services of WMO Members from the region - that is Albania, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Greece, Hungary, Israel, Jordan, Lebanon, North Macedonia, Republic of Moldova, Montenegro, Romania, Serbia, Slovenia, Republic of Türkiye and Ukraine. The Project Steering Committee, composed of the Directors of the NMHSs of the WMO Member States listed above, will manage the advisory system developed under the project.
Years of insecurity have hampered development in Afghanistan, a country that is extremely vulnerable to hydrometeorological hazards. In the period from 1980 to 2015, the country lost nearly 15 000...
ACREI is a US$ 6.8 million project funded by the Adaptation Fund and implemented by the World Meteorological Organization (WMO) in partnership with the Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) and the Integovernmental Authority on Development (IGAD) Climate Prediction and Applications Centre (ICPAC).
Climate change is threatening the livelihoods and food security of millions of smallholder farmers and agribusiness who depend on agriculture in the South East Asia region. Despite the fact that...
Climate change is one of the greatest challenges to human society in contemporary times. Statistics show that the last decades have already seen a sharp rise in economic, social and...
Subseasonal-to-Seasonal prediction project Many management decisions, for example in the context of agriculture, have to be taken on sub-monthly scales – a time scale that lies between the well-established and...
The project supports the enhancement of capabilities of the national hydro-meteorological services of WMO Members, through the Education and Training Programme and the Fellowships it coordinates. Its purpose is to...
Water is pre-eminent among environmental concerns critical to societal well-being. Other issues garner justifiable attention but it is the availability of a safe and sustainable supply of fresh water that...
This Project aims to build climate resilience in order to reduce assiciated socio-economic losses and, thereby, alleviate poverty in drought-affected regions. The Project falls under the scope of the WMO...
Recent years have witnessed a significant increase in the frequency and intensity of climate and weather related hazards putting development gains at risk. By improving their disaster related information base,...