Type of news:
Filter by wmo strategic priority:
- Capacity Development (1) Apply Capacity Development filter
- Disaster Risk Reduction (1) Apply Disaster Risk Reduction filter
- Global Framework for Climate Services (1) Apply Global Framework for Climate Services filter
- Governance (1) Apply Governance filter
- WMO Integrated Global Observing System (1) Apply WMO Integrated Global Observing System filter
Filter by regions:
12 contents match your search.
Meteoworld : March 2019
The Climate Risk & Early Warning Systems (CREWS) Initiative launched new activities in the Pacific Islands in the last six months. Both Papua New Guinea and Fiji, islands already affected by the impacts of climate change, will be benefiting from early warning systems (EWS) being implemented for climate change mitigation and adaption.
Publish Date: 11 December 2018
Switzerland has announced a major contribution to an international initiative to strengthen early warning systems in vulnerable low-income countries to support climate change adaptation, disaster risk reduction and sustainable development. The announcement of 9 million Swiss francs in new funding came at the United Nations climate change conference in Katowice, Poland (COP24).