Filter by wmo strategic priority:
- Capacity Development (12) Apply Capacity Development filter
- Disaster Risk Reduction (9) Apply Disaster Risk Reduction filter
- Global Framework for Climate Services (7) Apply Global Framework for Climate Services filter
- Polar and high mountains regions (2) Apply Polar and high mountains regions filter
- Climate Resilience and Adaptation (1) Apply Climate Resilience and Adaptation filter
- WMO Integrated Global Observing System (1) Apply WMO Integrated Global Observing System filter
Filter by regions:
- Region II: Asia (9) Apply Region II: Asia filter
- Region I: Africa (8) Apply Region I: Africa filter
- Region VI: Europe (8) Apply Region VI: Europe filter
- Region IV: North America, Central America, Caribbean (7) Apply Region IV: North America, Central America, Caribbean filter
- Region V: South-West Pacific (7) Apply Region V: South-West Pacific filter
- Region III: South America (4) Apply Region III: South America filter
17 contents match your search.
Running until March 2021, the multi-country project will strengthen weather-, climate-, and water-related impact-based decision support services, protecting lives and property in three regions: South East Asia, the Caribbean, and...
Flash floods are among the world’s deadliest natural disasters with more than 5 000 lives lost annually. Their social, economic and environmental impacts are significant. Accounting for approximately 85% of...
Although the governments of both Cambodia and Lao PDR continue to establish policies and mechanisms to help reduce and/or avoid some of the impacts of extreme events and disasters, significant...
ACREI is a US$ 6.8 million project funded by the Adaptation Fund and implemented by the World Meteorological Organization (WMO) in partnership with the Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) and the Integovernmental Authority on Development (IGAD) Climate Prediction and Applications Centre (ICPAC).
The project was designed to build the capacities of experts in National Meteorological and Hydrological Services, other national technical services, specialized agencies and other public and private institutions operating in the target service areas of Climate Change Adaptation and Disaster Risk Reduction.
Through an agreement with Korea Meteorological Administration (KMA), WMO is supporting countries in West Africa to improve the severe weather forecasting and warning services. By making best use of the...
Climate change is one of the greatest challenges to human society in contemporary times. Statistics show that the last decades have already seen a sharp rise in economic, social and...
Subseasonal-to-Seasonal prediction project Many management decisions, for example in the context of agriculture, have to be taken on sub-monthly scales – a time scale that lies between the well-established and...
The project supports the enhancement of capabilities of the national hydro-meteorological services of WMO Members, through the Education and Training Programme and the Fellowships it coordinates. Its purpose is to...