The aim of the project is to enhance capacity of National Meteorological and Hydrological Services (NMHS) to better anticipate and respond to extreme weather events and climate change. The implementation of Phase II is expected to improve climate services delivery for agriculture and food security, health, and disaster risk reduction. An external evaluation of the previous Norway programmes highlighted that while good progress was accomplished, a second phase was needed to ensure sustainability of activities and processes started in Phase I. Phase II is an extension of Phase I (2014-2017) and the purpose is to ensure the sustainability of Phase I efforts.
Adaptation Programme in Africa (GFCS APA) Phase II: Building Resilience in Disaster Risk Management, Food Security and Health
- Norwegian Agency for Development Cooperation (NORAD)
- Malawi Meteorological Services
- Tanzania Meteorological Authority (TMA)
- World Health Organization (WHO)
- World Food Programme (WFP)
- International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC)
Funded by Norad, GFCS Adaptation in Africa Phase II builds on Phase I and aims to further improve national and regional coordination in Malawi and Tanzania.