Each week, thematic experts and thought leaders invite people from all over the world to ask questions, share concerns and comments for their take on issues.
Some of the experts for upcoming sessions include:
- Giacomo Teruggi (WMO) on integrated flood management;
- Julio Serje (U.N. Office for Disaster for Disaster Risk Reduction) on risk modelling and the use of past disaster data;
- Gerardo Huertas (World Animal Protection) on disaster risk reduction applied to farming and animal stock;
- Sam Johnson (Youth beyond Disasters) on engaging youth for disaster risk reduction;
- Sushil Gupta (Risk Modelling and Insurance) on regional risk models;
- Pedro Ferradas (Practical Action’s Disaster Risk Reduction and Climate Change Adaptation programme) on urban disaster risk management; and
- Rohit Jigyasu (Institute of Disaster Mitigation for Urban Cultural Heritage, Ritsumeikan University, Kyoto) on disaster risk management of cultural heritage.
Your comments and questions are welcome at www.preventionweb.net.