- (-) Remove Article Meteoworld filter Article Meteoworld
- (-) Remove December 2018 filter December 2018
- December 2015 (19) Apply December 2015 filter
- December 2019 (19) Apply December 2019 filter
- March 2015 (19) Apply March 2015 filter
- June 2018 (17) Apply June 2018 filter
- December 2013 (16) Apply December 2013 filter
- September 2017 (16) Apply September 2017 filter
- June 2015 (15) Apply June 2015 filter
- August 2014 (14) Apply August 2014 filter
- November 2014 (14) Apply November 2014 filter
- April 2021 (13) Apply April 2021 filter
- March 2022 (13) Apply March 2022 filter
- December 2020 (12) Apply December 2020 filter
- June 2020 (12) Apply June 2020 filter
- April 2020 (11) Apply April 2020 filter
- December 2016 (11) Apply December 2016 filter
- December 2017 (11) Apply December 2017 filter
- September 2018 (11) Apply September 2018 filter
- June 2016 (10) Apply June 2016 filter
- June 2019 (10) Apply June 2019 filter
- March 2019 (10) Apply March 2019 filter
- May 2014 (10) Apply May 2014 filter
- December 2021 (9) Apply December 2021 filter
- June 2017 (9) Apply June 2017 filter
- June 2021 (9) Apply June 2021 filter
- October 2021 (9) Apply October 2021 filter
- September 2016 (9) Apply September 2016 filter
- April 2011 (8) Apply April 2011 filter
- April 2016 (8) Apply April 2016 filter
- March 2018 (8) Apply March 2018 filter
- February 2014 (7) Apply February 2014 filter
- July 2012 (7) Apply July 2012 filter
- March 2017 (7) Apply March 2017 filter
- September 2015 (7) Apply September 2015 filter
- September 2020 (7) Apply September 2020 filter
- April 2012 (6) Apply April 2012 filter
- April 2013 (6) Apply April 2013 filter
- July 2013 (6) Apply July 2013 filter
- November 2012 (6) Apply November 2012 filter
- October 2011 (5) Apply October 2011 filter
- September 2019 (5) Apply September 2019 filter
- January 2013 (4) Apply January 2013 filter
- June 2011 (3) Apply June 2011 filter
10 contents match your search.
WMO and the Green Climate Fund (GCF) have signed a formal agreement to work together to leverage WMO expertise on weather, climate and water to increase the effectiveness of GCF funded activities and support low carbon and climate resilient development.
WMO hosted the first Symposium and User Summit of the Integrated Global Greenhouse Gas Information System (IG3IS), one of the recent initiatives of the WMO Global Atmosphere Watch (GAW) Programme, from 13 to 15 November in Geneva.
A Technical Workshop on Project Preparation for Transformational Climate Resilient Water Project Concepts in Africa for the Green Climate Fund (GFC) in Pretoria, South Africa, on 21 September attracted over 100 participants from 24 countries.
A WMO International Workshop on the Global Review of Regional Climate Centre (RCC) Operations was held from 12 to 14 November in Pune, India, and hosted by the Indian Institute of Tropical Meteorology (IITM).
The Regional Training Centre (RTC) Directors of Ibero-American countries met in Lima, Peru, from 20 to 23 November to develop plans for increased collaboration. This was the first RTC meeting precipitated by the budding WMO Global Campus initiative.
A new joint WMO/World Bank commitment was announced with the creation of an Alliance for Hydromet Development aimed at boosting climate and weather science and information for a resilient world. The initiative was announced on 12 October at an event on “Investing in a Climate Adapted World” held during the 2018 International Monetary Fund/World Bank Group Annual Meetings in Bali, Indonesia.
WMO has joined the global commitment to reduce deaths due to air pollution by two thirds by 2030. At the First World Health Organization (WHO) Global Conference on Air Pollution and Health, held in Geneva from 30 October to 1 November, WMO pledged to improve the quality and availability of pollution observations, enable provision of air quality forecasts and advisory services, and incorporate health impacts in key scientific assessments on climate and climate change.
A Joint EUMETSAT and WMO Training Course on the Use of Satellite Data and Products for Drought Monitoring and Agricultural Meteorology was organized for Regional Associations II and VI at EUMETSAT Headquarters in Darmstadt, Germany, from 22 to 25 October.
WMO, together with the Government of Germany and the Geneva Water Hub, held a Mobilization for Water Data and Peace event on 27 November. Representatives from the Permanent Missions in Geneva attended to help advance the water data and peace agenda for sustainable development and to advocate for easily accessible and reliable water data to inform policy and decision-making in their national governments.
Climate science took centre stage at the 24th annual Conference of the Parties to the UN Framework Convention on Climate Change (COP24) negotiations from 1 to 14 December in Katowice, Poland, with repeated calls for action to rein in global temperature increases or risk irreversible impacts.