- (-) Remove Project filter Project
Filter by wmo strategic priority:
- (-) Remove Disaster Risk Reduction filter Disaster Risk Reduction
- Capacity Development (8) Apply Capacity Development filter
- Global Framework for Climate Services (8) Apply Global Framework for Climate Services filter
- Governance (3) Apply Governance filter
- WMO Integrated Global Observing System (3) Apply WMO Integrated Global Observing System filter
- Climate Resilience and Adaptation (1) Apply Climate Resilience and Adaptation filter
Filter by regions:
- (-) Remove Region I: Africa filter Region I: Africa
- Region II: Asia (1) Apply Region II: Asia filter
- Region III: South America (1) Apply Region III: South America filter
- Region IV: North America, Central America, Caribbean (1) Apply Region IV: North America, Central America, Caribbean filter
- Region V: South-West Pacific (1) Apply Region V: South-West Pacific filter
- Region VI: Europe (1) Apply Region VI: Europe filter
13 contents match your search.
Through an agreement with Korea Meteorological Administration (KMA), WMO is supporting countries in West Africa to improve the severe weather forecasting and warning services. By making best use of the...
The overarching goal for the programme “GFCS Adaptation and Disaster Risk Reduction in Africa” is to provide timely and accurate climate and weather services for disaster risk reduction and increased...
The “Climate Services Adaptation Programme in Africa: Malawi & Tanzania” was the first multi-agency initiative to be implemented under the Global Framework for Climate Services . This flagship Programme helps...
Main Project: Global Framework for Climate Services (GFCS) – Adaptation and Disaster Risk Reduction in Africa The WMO Public Weather Services (PWS) programme has implemented projects for many years that...
Many African countries are extremely vulnerable to extreme weather events. They face even greater risks in the future as human induced climate change increasingly alters the weather and climate patterns...
The project was designed to build the capacities of experts in National Meteorological and Hydrological Services, other national technical services, specialized agencies and other public and private institutions operating in the target service areas of Climate Change Adaptation and Disaster Risk Reduction.
The project will empower the National Meteorological and Hydrological Services (NMHSs) and other competent authorities of the six riparian countries (Benin, Burkina Faso, Cote d’Ivoire, Ghana, Mali and Togo) with...
West Africa is one of the most vulnerable regions to climate variability and change as it is exposed to climate shocks and stresses and has relatively low capacity to adapt...
Flash floods are among the world’s deadliest natural disasters with more than 5 000 lives lost annually. Their social, economic and environmental impacts are significant. Accounting for approximately 85% of...
In Chad, CREWS supports the strengthening of national capacity to deliver climate, hydrometeorological and early warning services in selected sectors and communities. CREWS resources contributes to the improvement of the...