- (-) Remove National Projects filter National Projects
- Regional Projects (9) Apply Regional Projects filter
- (-) Remove Multi-National projects filter Multi-National projects
- Global Projects (1) Apply Global Projects filter
Filter by wmo strategic priority:
- (-) Remove Disaster Risk Reduction filter Disaster Risk Reduction
- Capacity Development (9) Apply Capacity Development filter
- Global Framework for Climate Services (6) Apply Global Framework for Climate Services filter
- WMO Integrated Global Observing System (2) Apply WMO Integrated Global Observing System filter
- Climate Resilience and Adaptation (1) Apply Climate Resilience and Adaptation filter
- Governance (1) Apply Governance filter
- Polar and high mountains regions (1) Apply Polar and high mountains regions filter
Filter by regions:
- Region I: Africa (8) Apply Region I: Africa filter
- Region II: Asia (7) Apply Region II: Asia filter
- Region IV: North America, Central America, Caribbean (2) Apply Region IV: North America, Central America, Caribbean filter
- Region V: South-West Pacific (2) Apply Region V: South-West Pacific filter
- Region VI: Europe (2) Apply Region VI: Europe filter
19 contents match your search.
Himawari-8 – a new generation geostationary meteorological satellite of the Japan Meteorological Agency (JMA) has started its operation in July 2015 and observes East Asia and the Western Pacific. The...
Severe Weather Forecasting capabilities strengthen the National Hydrological and Meteorological Services’ (NMHSs) ability to forecast severe weather and provide decision makers and other users with more effective, diverse, and timely...
The Middle East is one of the driest regions in the world, with many parts receiving less than 100 mm of rainfall per year. The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change...
Recent years have witnessed a significant increase in the frequency and intensity of climate and weather related hazards putting development gains at risk. By improving their disaster related information base,...
Through an agreement with Korea Meteorological Administration (KMA), WMO is supporting countries in West Africa to improve the severe weather forecasting and warning services. By making best use of the...
The WMO World Weather Research Programme’s Polar Prediction Project aims to advance the science in numerical models, data acquisition and assimilation, ensemble forecast methods, verification, and the production of prediction products – all with a polar emphasis.
The “Climate Services Adaptation Programme in Africa: Malawi & Tanzania” was the first multi-agency initiative to be implemented under the Global Framework for Climate Services . This flagship Programme helps...
Main Project: Global Framework for Climate Services (GFCS) – Adaptation and Disaster Risk Reduction in Africa The WMO Public Weather Services (PWS) programme has implemented projects for many years that...
The project was designed to build the capacities of experts in National Meteorological and Hydrological Services, other national technical services, specialized agencies and other public and private institutions operating in the target service areas of Climate Change Adaptation and Disaster Risk Reduction.